Prawn scampi-style stuffed mushrooms with fresh mint and goat cheese
Scampi-style Mushroom stuffed Prawns
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 9g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 3g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 12 whole mushrooms, approximately 2-inches in diameter
- 12 shrimp, preferably wild (look for a weight of 20 to 24 or 21 to 25 raw)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese flakes (do not used processed or finely ground)
- Olive oil
- 1/4 pound goat cheese
- 1 pint capers
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, preferably Amish-style or Kerrygold
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth or white wine
- Sea salt, preferably Maldano's and fresh-ground pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms, brush with olive oil and place bottom up (the side where the stem used to be) on a baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake mushrooms approximately 8-10 minutes. Mushrooms should still be firm to touch. Remove mushrooms from the oven and set aside.
- Shrimp preparation: Peel and devein if this is not already done. Lightly coat in flour or for gluten-free, use rice flour. Gluten-free flours won't work in this recipe, as they won't help to slightly tighten the sauce or add needed texture.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add butter and garlic and slowly simmer until butter is 80 percent melted. Add cream, wine or vermouth and lemon juice. Slowly whisk until blended and then add salt to taste. Once this is done, add shrimp and cream. Once the cream is totally incorporated, about five minutes on low heat (you want the mixture to be bubbling), cook another 8-10 minutes until shrimp is done cooking.
- Place one shrimp in each mushroom cap, sprinkle a bit of fresh-chopped mint and goat cheese over the top and place back in the oven for approximately five minutes, just long enough to soften the goat cheese, but not totally melt it.
- Carefully place mushrooms on serving platter and garnish with a sprinkle of Parmesan, one whole mint leaf and three or four capers.
- They're ready to serve!
Cafe at Adele's http://www.adelesrestaurantandlounge.com/