Today I am providing recipes for chimichurri sauce with a Lebanese twist, spring lamb chops and fresh asparagus, perfect for any occasion.
Chimichurri sauce with a Lebanese twist, spring lamb chops and fresh asparagus
Chimichurri sauce with a Lebanese twist, spring lamb chops and fresh asparagus, perfect for any occasion.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 18 lamb chops (allow three per person and add three additional per serving as needed)
- 1/2 C. Pine nuts (for garnish)
- 1 fresh lemon
- Asparagus (as many bundles as needed)
- Chimichurri sauce
- 1 Head of garlic (six cloves and 8 is okay, too!)
- 1/2 C. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 C. mint leaves (remove from stems)
- 1/2 C. cilantro leaves (remove from stems)
- 4 T. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 t. red chili pepper
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 1/4 t. fresh ground black pepper
- Place peeled garlic and olive oil in food processor or blender and pulse until garlic is fine chopped. Add mint, cilantro and white wine vinegar and pulse until you have a nice, creamy puree. Add red chili pepper, salt and pepper. Pulse and taste to check spices, adding more if needed.
- Sauce should never be cooked or touched by heat as this will affect the brightness of the flavor profile.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and, when ready, place pine nuts lightly coated with olive oil, in a baking pan and lightly toast in oven, approximately 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Set aside as these will be used for garnish.
- Lamb chops can be cooked on the grill or broiled.
- For the sake of this recipe, each chop should be about 1 1/2-inch thick.
- My rule of thumb to achieve perfect results is 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Add 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side for medium and an additional 1 to 1/2 minutes beyond that for medium well.
- Grill or steam fresh local or California asparagus, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Once lamb chops are done, either plate family-style on a large platter or on individual plates. Put a squeeze of lemon juice on top of each chop. Then, using a teaspoon, top with a dollop of Chimichurra Sauce, and finish by sprinkling with 1 t. toasted pine-nuts. Serve with asparagus.
- A perfect pairing for this meal is a Meiomi wine, available at Ben’s Fine Wine & Spirits.
Cafe at Adele's https://www.adelesrestaurantandlounge.com/