Entree Salad for Six
Write a review
- 4 ears of corn; preference white organic
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives or Kalamata olives
- 1 lg sweet red pepper; seeded and diced; 1/2 inch squares
- 1 cup of blanched green or yellow string beans (cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red onion
- 1 bunch or 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups of diced or sliced roasted or boiled potatoes; my preference roasted
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato; seeded
- 1/2 cup diced 1/2 inch raw zucchini
- 3 6-ounce organic chicken breasts
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbls Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbls wild honey; preferably sage or clover
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp medium grind sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- If you decide to roast your potatoes, you will need to choose a potato like a fingerling potato, which is the best for this prep. Put in a shallow metal pan or oven ready casserole dish, approx ¼ to 1/2 inch filled with olive oil. Salt and pepper, cook for approx 25 min in grill or oven until tender not mushy. When done drain oil, save for later use. Let the potatoes cool. Then slice into rounds approx. 1/2 inch thick.
- If boiling potatoes, dice potatoes into 1/2 inch squares with peel or without, your call. Boil until tender not mushy. (You want a little snap in the potato, al dente) Again, drain and cool.
- You can use green or yellow beans; Put into a pot of salted boiling water, cook until tender approx. 10-15 min. Remove from stove immediately drain water and cool down with ice & cold water
- Clean all excess leaves and strings on the corn; Salt and pepper, rub with ¼ tsp of finely chopped fresh garlic. Place on a grill and roast approximately 3 minutes a side or until slightly turning brown. Set a side and let cool.
- While the potatoes and corn are cooling, you will want to season the chicken.
- Rinse and pat down chicken breast, place on a paper towel. Wash hands thoroughly. (Spread out the cinnamon, sea salt, pepper, and garlic) Rub chicken in all 4 seasonings. If you prefer mix all ingredients together in a bowl, add the chicken, coating it thoroughly then place on paper towel. Place chicken breast on the bbq or broiler; cook approx. 15 min per side or until done 170 degrees. When done place on cutting board, let cool approx. 20 minutes and chop into ¼ to 1/2 inch pieces
- Now in a large salad bowl, drain and rinse sliced olives, place in bowl, along with the red peppers, red onions, green onions, diced tomatoes, raw zucchini and beans.
- Get 4 ears of corn, cut kernels off cob, carefully. Add to the bowl; sliced roasted potatoes, or boiled potatoes, mix all together. Add 80% of salad dressing and let sit for a few minutes, giving the potatoes time to absorb all those yummy flavors. While that’s going on chop your chicken breast, by slicing the breast and dicing it into 1/2-inch pieces, place in a separate bowl, and mix it with the remaining salad dressing.
- In a small 1 cup jar(size not that important) place approx.; 2 Tbls Dijon mustard, 1 Tbls honey, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (if you roasted your potatoes you can use the left over olive oil if you would like), 1/8 cup sherry or red wine vinegar. Close lid on jar and shake vigorously, then add salt and pepper to taste, your preference.
- Evenly distribute the salad onto 6 plates. Sprinkle the chopped chicken evenly amongst the 6 plates, add a little fresh ground pepper on top and prepare for a wonderful summer delight.
Cafe at Adele’s https://www.adelesrestaurantandlounge.com/